Monday, April 12, 2010

Hermit Artists

I like coffee... a lot.

Today, I spent the majority of the afternoon sketching and drawing at the local Starbucks, right on the corner of Broughton and Bull Street with my friend, roommate, and fellow Sequential graduate student Melanie! It's always a good time. A cup of coffee, a friend, good conversation, and sketching? Um, perfect!

As a Sequential Artist, it's a general knowledge that we don't get out much because we are stuck at our drawing desks and in our studios all the time working. In essence, it's been, in jest, said to be a "standard" amongst the major to be hermits.

I love to get out of the apartment and out of my room to draw. It not only lets me enjoy the day (and the weather has been downright gorgeous in Savannah as of late, that's spring time for you) but it gets me out into the world and encourages me to be social. It's easy to fall into "hermit mode" when you're so used to drawing for long periods of time by yourself.

So with that said, I suggest you fellow artists to go out places and draw. It's refreshing!

No comments: