Thursday, June 10, 2010

Stay Inside the Lines

In a not-so-subtle plug and promotion, I share with the world the witty gaming webcomic that's been going for, what, three years now(?), Monday Night Crew.

About a year or two ago, they stopped the use of color comics in order to update three times per week rather than once per week, due to the fact the artist was doing all of the work (penciling, inking, and digitally coloring) the comics alongside of his normal full-time j-o-b.

The guys in charge of the site have taken me under their wing (so to speak) to be the colorist for the comics Jason produces, as an experiment to see if the site's traffic increases and/or if people just simply prefer to have color comics over the black and white. I'll be doing this until the end of August. Who knows though, if it really takes off, I may be doing this for even longer.

I'll be honest though- I do love to digitally color. About a month or two ago I made this discovery. What's even better? People in general seem to respond positively and enjoy my colored art, because of it's vibrancy and liveliness (so I've been told).

So that being said, please check out the webcomic Monday Night Crew. It updates every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. If you have a spare moment, be sure to shoot them an email and give them feedback! Do you prefer the comic in color or black and white, or does it even matter to you?

Have a good weekend!

No comments: